Friday, January 11, 2019

My Words for 2019: Adventure & Calm



During these past twelve years, as I healed the effects of paralytic polio and trauma, my adventures consisted primarily of running adventures. While I still plan on experiencing running adventures, I am going to branch out and experience new adventures as I venture into the 2nd half of the decade of my 60's.

With two trips to Bermuda on tap this year, I am excited to explore parts of the Island we have not explored. During Bermuda Marathon Weekend, we are going to explore the Bermuda Railway Trail and St. George's. I am hoping that the Water Sports Center will be open (since it is winter in Bermuda) and I want to experience the adventure of snorkeling. When we went to Bermuda many years ago, I walked into the Caves for about a New York minute and was so freaked out that I literally ran out of there while my husband and kids frolicked in the adventure. I am going back to experience the wonder, awe and adventure of the Caves. When we return to the Island in May for a long weekend, we are going to explore what other adventures we can experience. And with the thermostat on my adventuresome Spirit turned on high, who knows what
other adventures I may manifest closer to home?!

My words represent the yin and yang of life. My second word is Calm.



I meditate 3 times a day to still my mind and allow the wisdom from the Divine flow to me and through me. I continue to heal the effects from paralytic polio and trauma and different issues that arise leading an active lifestyle. My time in stillness creates an environment that supports healing.

Weekly chiropractic treatments with Dr. Lizzie Sobel helps to reset my nervous system from stress to calm.

In 2019 I am incorporating Acupuncture
with Erin Walker into my health and wellness regimen.

While some people enjoy making New Year's Resolutions and having goals for the year, I enjoy choosing words to set the tone and intention for how I want to create my year.

As I embark on the journey of a new year, I invoke a spirit of adventure and a sense of calm. I look forward to having you share in the journey with me!

To your health and wellness
From my heart to yours
Mary

My healing journey using the power of visualization is featured in David R. Hamilton's book, "How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body-Anniversary Edition." It's available on Amazon.


Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):


***Coming Soon - The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953***

“The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953” takes you on Mary McManus’ healing odyssey from a wheelchair to the finish line of the 2009 Boston Marathon and beyond. After the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome in December 2006, Mary got still and asked for Divine Guidance tapping into the powerful connection she experienced to the Divine from an early age. She harnessed the power of her mind to heal her body, feverishly writing poetry in which she imagined herself healthy, whole and free from the shackles of her youth. Mary’s quest to heal her life led her to the sport of running. Her story is one that will leave you cheering for the underdog, discovering the meaning of different ability and experiencing the stunning view from the back of the pack of a race. You will have the privilege of bearing witness to how Mary overcame every challenge that life presented to her. The sport of running provides the backdrop for her journey of transformation from a survivor of childhood paralytic polio and severe trauma at the hands of family members to a woman who embodies faith, grace under fire, courage, determination, endurance and resilience. Running became a way of life for Mary that tested her mettle while forging friendships to last a lifetime. As you’ll discover in “The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953” nothing, not even a serious knee injury in December of 2014 could stop her on the roads or in her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment