Friday, February 7, 2020

Serenity with the Swans



Ruth Anne's recovery from PANDAS is a long and winding road that requires love, patience, grace, grit and determination. Last week was quite challenging but as the sun returns after a storm, peace descended and Ruth Anne was back on her healing path.

On Wednesday we wrapped up our week of training and ditched a tempo run for an easy 5K.

I could feel the tension release as we savored the sights and sounds of the Reservoir. We made sure to take deep breaths and immerse ourselves in the healing power of nature.

Ducks, geese and swans were out in full force. I found myself hypnotized by their movements and the movement of the water as it ebbed and flowed against the shore and as it met the frozen parts of the Reservoir.

I remarked to Ruth Anne, "I call this run serenity with the swans."

Coincidentally, I am reading the book, 'Heal' based on the ground breaking Documentary. After the serenity with the swans run, I came across the passages about the healing power of nature. p. 141

"When we recognize the virtues, the talent, the beauty of Mother Earth, something is born in us, some kind of connection----love is born."
~Thich Nhat Hanh

"Our brains are hardwired to react positively to water...being near it can calm and connect us, increase innovation and insight, and even heal what's broken."

What I love most about the healing power of nature is that they are absolutely free and address the mind, body and spirit all in one visit. Take advantage of the generosity of Mother Earth and soak up her powerful healing gifts as much as you can each day."




We paused to watch the swans mate and they formed a heart with their necks; a reminder to experience the Love that always surrounds.

After a challenging week or so, we were blessed with relatively mild weather for February in Boston and were blessed to experience serenity with the swans.

To healing, hope and possibility!
To your health and wellness!

Be sure to visit my website at www.marymcmanus.com

Be inspired by my interview with Kendra Petrone on the award winning Exceptional Women Show by following this link

To experience an epic race weekend and hear me share my journey from a wheelchair to the finish line of the 2009 Boston Marathon and beyond come to the Hyannis Marathon Weekend February 21-23 2020.




No comments:

Post a Comment