Friday, August 28, 2020

A Perfect 10 Kind of Run



We knew a front moved through with cooler air for our Wednesday run. We usually get up early and head out to beat the heat but Ruth Anne had a Zoom Occupational Therapy session and wanted to take time to prepare for it. I had no qualms with us sleeping in a little later.

The weather was spectacular. Ruth Anne felt great after her session with her therapist as she prepares for a virtual tour at U Mass Boston Grad School in Urban Planning and Community Development. We both felt gratitude overflow in our hearts to Erin and for this past year of healing after 14 hospitalizations in two years. We were excited for Ruth Anne's Health-i-Versary that is happening today!



I was excited for being able to reach my goal of 50+ miles for August.

We chose to run 3 times around the small Reservoir on Route 9. There were two very dignified elegantly dressed older ladies walking in front of us. As we passed them, I wished them a wonderful day through my mask. "You too," one of them replied. "You're going at a pretty brisk pace there." Ruth Anne and I smiled.

We paused to take photos of the spectacular day savoring every precious moment of the perfect 10 weather:


There was a perfect mix of sun and clouds with cool, crisp air. I felt as though Source was kissing my face and blessing my run with gentle breezes.

We checked our mileage after two times around and I knew either we would go over or under the mileage if we did another loop. Since the weather was glorious and there was no one else out, we decided on the third loop. Our original calculation did not include the mileage to get home!

I deposited another 3.75 miles toward my goal of 50+ miles with only 6 miles to go divided between two runs.

Today's run was a celebration of life, of hope, of healing and possibilities despite all appearances to the contrary one year ago for Ruth Anne and 13 years ago for me.

We felt the glow of a perfect 10 kind of run for the rest of the day and had that energy reflected back to us in comments on our Facebook post.

The feeling after a good run is truly the best feeling in the world!

Be sure to visit my website to be inspired by my health and wellness journey at www.marymcmanus.com

My books are available on Amazon.

May you know the joy of a perfect 10 kind of run day!

From my heart to yours
In health, wellness and joy
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment