Thursday, March 12, 2020

A Celebration of Spring: Poetry in Motion



My daughter has been asking me, "When are you going to write your next book, ma?"

I have consistently answered, "I think I'm done. I have the Trilogy of Transformation and Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life".

I discovered the gift of poetry in my soul in February of 2007 shortly after the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome in December of 2006. I was told to prepare to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair and to expect an accelerated aging progress as a result of the polio virus I contracted when I was 5 years old in one of the last polio epidemics in the United States. Despite having had 5 vaccines, I still contracted the virus. But having had polio and then being diagnosed with Post-Polio Syndrome were two of the greatest gifts in my life for which I am deeply grateful. I discovered the gift of poetry in my soul AND was led to the sport of running.

I call my pen my divining rod for healing as poems poured forth from my soul inspiring me to let go of the pain of the past through gratitude, love and forgiveness and imagine a beautiful future for myself; one in which my body was running -- yes running -- free and seeing myself as healthy, happy, whole and healed!

Running helped me to transform from a survivor of paralytic polio and severe childhood trauma to a marathoner who ran the 2009 Boston Marathon, discovering strength, redemption, a most remarkable village and most importantly, the truth of who I am.

While out on our morning run, as I witnessed the stirring of new life on the earth and the trees, I felt a stirring in my soul.



A poem came through me and I knew it was time to write a Volume 2 for "Feel the Heal."

The timing is of course Divine. As fear and anger fill the airwaves and social media streams, it's a time for deep breaths, connecting to the Divine/Higher Power/God/Source, connecting to nature and to each other soul to soul, heart to heart without politics and divisiveness but with tenderness, love, kindness and compassion. Often times it takes a crisis to awaken us to Truth and Beauty.

Enjoy and join me in welcoming Spring:

Welcome Springtime

The messages of doom and gloom fill the airways with fear
yet I must choose my focus for this glorious time of year.
The snow and ice have melted, sunshine brings a glow
reminding me of all the truths that I have come to know.

Erase the thoughts of worry, let joy bubble up from deep within soul
reminding me our natural state is well being healthy and whole.
Crocus and forsythia purples and yellows a feast for the ayes
connecting with Source to dampen doubts and cast away all lies.

Deep breaths of peace of calm and ease replace the frenzied pace
expansiveness of beauty seek find one’s happy place.
Let birds’ songs bring an aural treat to herald renewal reborn
beckoning angels come hither casting off furrowed brows forlorn.

Springtime is here we welcome you with opening our hearts
breezes kissing buds awake as winter now departs.
Sowing seeds of love and faith bear witness to the light
spreading Source’s Wisdom dispel the darkness of night.


From my heart to yours
In health and wellness,
Mary

Be sure to visit my website at www.marymcmanus.com

My books are available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment