Saturday, March 28, 2020

Conspiracy of Hope - It's a Sign!



A friend of mine once nicknamed me The Empress of Enthusiasm. I must admit that, at times, it's been a challenge to maintain that level of enthusiasm during these challenging times. Yet, having that nickname and knowing that many look to me for my positive posts, optimism and enthusiasm especially during challenging times helps me to stay in a stream of positive energy.

I am so blessed to have like hearted friends who are sharing positive posts during this time.

One friend who I met at the Harvard Pilgrim Finish at the 50 last year shared this beautiful photo with the caption, "First time in 3 years we had one that bloomed!"


I commented, 'It's a sign' and Erin replied, 'for sure! Glimmer of hope!'

My friend Kelly who I know through running posted one flower photo yesterday and one today noting, "Normally I would be rushing out of the house for work or something else.

Took a nice walk this morning to try to get the focus off of the negativity and anxiety with COVID.

Stop, look and listen to the beauty happening in front of us"



Another runner friend Kevin shared this post: "It is so nice out I put out Mom's geraniums."


One of my favorite posts came from Andrew who I also met through running:
"WARNING

This is a happy, non virus, non political post.

First sign of spring today just popped up in our front yard. These are from the pile of bulbs my father gave me a few years ago with the proviso that he did not know what they were or what color they were, but to just plant them. And they have kept coming back year after year ever since."



There are signs of hope, signs of Spring and so much beauty to surround. It all depends on where we place our focus.

The other day I was Spring Cleaning. I had to wait to change our linens and make our bed because our beloved cat Jamie was so comfortable that I did not have the heart to ask her to leave. When it was her dinner time she left her cozy nest. I quickly stripped the bed and seemingly, out of nowhere, a nickel appeared on the mattress cover.

A 1964 nickel....


As I remade our bed I pondered on the significance of finding a nickel. I knew in every fiber of my being that it was a sign.

And then it dawned on me...The Five Pennies!

In this film based on a true story, Red Nichols (Danny Kaye) moves from his small town to New York City to become a jazz musician. Although he experiences culture shock, he soon becomes well respected in the clubs, even forming a friendship with Louis Armstrong (Louis Armstrong). After marrying Willa (Barbara Bel Geddes) and having a daughter, Dorothy (Susan Gordon), Red still tours constantly. But, when he learns that Dorothy has polio, he realizes he must rethink his priorities.


This past Father's Day I wrote a blog post about The Five Pennies after finding five pennies outside of CVS.

I knew the Universe was sending me a message and giving me a message to share.

I contracted paralytic polio in one of the last epidemics in the US in 1959. I wondered why we haven't been hearing more about polio in the context of our current pandemic and then lo and behold I found this article from WBUR that says:

“What we can learn is that our predecessors have met these contagious crises with far less armaments and tools in their tool box,” he says. “And they came through on the other end. And we can do this and we will do this with COVID-19.”

There is hope. We are all in this together and we will not only survive but we will thrive!

The Gardener

Conspiracy of hope
kneeling at sacred space
confidently pregnant with faith

Spade sifts soil
sensuous scent of Spring
tender preparation in mother earth’s womb

This tiny seed
how does it know?
Possessing wisdom beyond what eye can behold
expectant miracle

Divine Intelligence slowly unfurls
ease and grace
beautiful ballet
sunlight's spotlight center stage
bees and butterflies surrounding
serenading rebirth
behold its beauty.


Be safe!
Be well!

From my heart to yours
Mary

Be sure to visit my website at www.marymcmanus.com

My books are available on Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment