Friday, March 20, 2020

Between Stimulus and Response....



The other night before meditation, I was experiencing a high level of anxiety. As I worked to clear away the fears and doubts that were tugging at my solar plexus causing me to feel a clutch and my throat tighten, I realized that I needed to pause, take a deep breath, open my heart, focus on the blessings in my life and feel connected to Source. I recalled all the wonderful inspirational quotes I have posted through the years and the miracles of healing I have experienced in my own life. I realized that the anxiety did not come from my fear of the virus but having absorbed all the fear that's happening around me and in the media. I became keenly aware of the trauma that had gotten triggered within me and then...I chose to smile.



I came to the realization that I needed to focus on the good that is happening right now and to stop reading articles in depth that only served to raise my anxiety and fears. I also realized that I needed to find ways that I could be of service while practicing social but not emotional distancing.

These two articles popped up in my news stream.

This article, 10 Positive Updates on the COVID-19 From Around the World was posted by Alison LaMarre Poole. Alison was my physical therapist after I was diagnosed with Post-Polio Syndrome in January of 2007. She held the faith for me that I would and could heal and that I was NOT destined to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair! Without her love, compassion, incredible skill as a Physical Therapist, there would have been no adventures for this runnergirl!

My dear friend and Race Director Extraordinaire, Paul Collyer, posted this article saying, "We will be up and running again very soon....stay cool peeps!" "Israeli Virologist urges world leaders to calm public, slams ‘unnecessary panic’".

Both articles were delivered by Love from the Source of all to remind me of the good news that is happening in the world and that above all, fear doesn't serve anyone. Of note is that science has proven over and over again that fear inhibits the immune system. I watched a free webinar last evening: COVID-19: Navigating Anxiety, Fear and "Social Distancing." that was convened by WellSet and featured Kelly Noonan Gores, the Director of Heal Documentary.

I will continue to infuse myself with good news, and beliefs that resonate with my beliefs during this time of chaos and confusion where we have little control over our circumstances but ALWAYS have the choice to choose our thoughts and beliefs.

Yesterday I wrote this poem:

Calm
Calm down calm up whatever way you choose
when choosing calm and steadiness you can never lose.
In the midst of chaos be steadfast faithful true
stay connected to the Source of all always sees us through.
When everything gets shaken loose fear rattles in our core
remember how we've made it through all that went before.
With angels now surrounding you can feel them play a part
be still and count your blessings with gratitude fill your heart.
These times may not be easy yet we can find a sense of ease
compassion loving kindness finding others ways to please.
Take a sacred pause a breath remove from all the fray.
dispelling darkness fear and doubt let hope now light the way.




Anita Moorjani, a luminary from Heal, posted this today on Facebook:


My friend Ricky Powell shared this calendar for 30 Action Steps we can take to help us keep calm and cope:


Once I untethered myself from the vortex of fear and connected to Source these wonderful posts flowed to me.

I am training myself to become skillful at focusing on what serves me best right now and taking that sacred pause between stimulus and response. Won't you join me?

To your health and wellness
From my heart to yours
With love
Mary

Be sure to visit my website at www.marymcmanus.com

My books are available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment