Thursday, April 2, 2020

Weathering The Storm



It's a stormy time in everyone's life across the Globe. I am deeply grateful for the gift of poetry in my heart and soul that helps me to stay anchored in my faith and bring calm and joy as the storm swirls around me.

I have experienced many storms in my life and experiences that have turned my life topsy turvy.

I have been blessed to build up a reservoir of strength and resilience through those stormy times that is holding me in good stead as I surf the waves of fear, anxiety, healing old traumas that are getting triggered while also enjoying a more leisurely pace of life with my daughter and husband.

I limit my exposure to the news and our newspaper goes right into the recycling bin these days. We are finding ways to be of service to others in our neighborhood and Ruth Anne is doing phone outreach to seniors in the City of Boston in a phone bank organized by City Councillor Matt O'Malley of District 6 which neighbors our town of Brookline. We support local businesses and order on line and do take out once a week from our favorite restaurants. Because of Ruth Anne's health and wellness journey recovering from Brain Injury secondary to an untreated infection, we have lots of games, puzzles and activities.

Last weekend Ruth Anne and Tom made a bird house:


We are so incredibly blessed and grateful for our abundance and for Tom being able to work from home. I am deeply grateful for the gift of poetry in my soul. If I have trouble falling asleep, I open my heart to see what message Source would like me to channel. The start of the poem I finished this morning began to percolate before I fell into a deep sleep:

Weathering The Storm

Huddled clutching covers barely breathing thoughts of dread
flooded with what ifs and worries echoing in head.
Thunder claps and lightning strikes paralyzed with fear
piercing through the darkness Love's Voice resounding clear.

"Waiting for the storm to pass is not the way to be
trembling feel your courage - come out and be with Me."

Splashing in My puddles remember you're my Child
joyous raucous dancing free let yourself be wild.
Delight as raindrops falling tickle nose and face
cup your hands together as I shower you with Grace.

Storms may blow uncertainty arms flung open wide
trust have faith and confidence I am always by your side.
No trial or tribulation fares greater than my Power
Presence palpability in each being, wind and flower.

Faith restored and strengthened as skies transform to blue
Staying close to Source of all will always see you through.


Everyone is finding their way to weather the storm. The Insight Meditation Society is offering daily meditations on their YouTube page.

Pause in Joy/Patti Penn
has dedicated her YouTube channel to specific meditations and messages to help us weather the storm.

I have a list of Healing Resources on my website that includes meditations, visualization, information about the mind/body connection and how to manage life's stresses and strains.

I meditate at least 3 times a day and sometimes take a pause during the day if there is a Facebook Live meditation that resonates with me. We maintain our regular exercise regimen with strength training and running. We are blessed that we have running routes around our neighborhood that allow for social distancing.

All storms pass and this too shall pass. We will experience a new normal once the pandemic subsides. But for now let's focus on weathering the storm with wisdom, grace, grit, faith, humor, determination, confidence and courage, gratitude, Love, connection and kindness.

From my heart to yours
to your health and well being
With love
Mary

My website is www.marymcmanus.com

My books are available on Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment