Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Color Purple - Spring Returns



On Saturday's run we passed by this gorgeous rhododendron bush. Coincidentally, Ruth Anne's running outfit matched the colors.


I remembered the quote from The Color Purple and felt goosebumps all over.

During these times of being bombarded with news that is often filled with rancor and divisiveness, it is an absolute joy to head out into nature for a run. In my opinion when one is treated to such splendid colors as a feast for the eyes, the Divine is delighting us with its magnificent creations. Ever since the diagnosis of Post Polio Syndrome in December of 2006, I have had a deep appreciation for the change in seasons savoring what each season had to offer. Before the diagnosis and coming to be a part of the sport of running, I wasn't a part of activities in the great outdoors and winter was something to be feared. I was told I had osteoporosis and a fall especially on the ice would undoubtedly lead to a fracture. As a side note, I have experienced 4 falls in the past 13 years (none of them in Winter) and the only thing I experienced was a chipped tooth and scrapes and bruises!

Every year my appreciation for the return of Spring deepens especially this year as we emerge from the global crisis of the pandemic.

Spring Returns

Heart beats with anticipation
excited to embrace Spring’s return.
Senses intoxicated with sweet scents
sensing rebirth.

Winter’s farewell snowflakes
melt on tender tiny buds.
Vivid colors burst on scene
wave of fragrant blooms waft through the air.

Butterflies and bumblebees flit from flower to flower
to nature's song and rhythm
they know the way
brilliant blue backdrop for verdant green
sensational sparkling sunshine
serenity.

All the world in harmony
in accord with Source
every year we have faith
Spring returns.




The Crown Chakra is about wisdom and being one with the world. Violet is the color of Spirituality. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. Purple represents transformation, creativity and spiritual awareness. ... Purple is associated with intuition and the mystical side of life.


In David Hamilton, Ph.D's meditation about Cleansing the Body, David invites us to imagine a color - any color for a light that travels through the body to bring healing. Most of the time I imagine the color purple.

When Dr. Joe Dispenza takes us on a meditation for Blessing the Energy Centers, I see the color purple even though my eyes are closed when we arrive at the crown chakra.

Purple is a powerfully Divine color that I use in my healing meditations. But oh how glorious to experience the color purple in all of its glory as Spring returns to Boston!

From my heart to yours
In health and wellness
With love and peace
Mary

Be sure to visit my website to learn more about my inspirational journey from a wheelchair to the finish line of the Boston Marathon and beyond!

My books are available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment